OverviewAt the beginning of 2012 we launched our first single handed rod, a lovely 10ft 7 weight, this rod proved to be an instant hit with both river and still water anglers.
In 2013, we added three additional single handed rods to the range, a 9’ #5, a 9’#6 and a 9’6” #6.
We have 2 style of handles on our single handed rods the 9ft #5 and 9ft #6 have beautiful crafted Half Wells handle shape, and our 9’6ft #6 and 10ft #7 half a Full Wells well handle shape incorporating a short fighting butt handle below the reel seat
As with our award winning double handed rods we have only used the very best available materials, each model has a slim blank and is very light in the hand.
Single Handed Fly Rods
When we first started the Mackenzie DTX brand, we concentrated on double handed rods.
Do you have any questions?
We can answer any questions that you have by phone or email.Request Call Back
- Slim light weight blanks
- Stealthy dark Olive matt finish
- High Quality single leg guides and stripping guides
- High grade cork handle in either full or half wells
- Fighting butt on 9’6” & 10’ models for extra ease when playing fish
- Beautifully crafted composite cork on each handle
- Black satin finish, up locking aluminium reel seat
- Red alignment dot on reel seat, for easy positioning of reel
- 4 piece rod for easy transportation
- Distinctive and highly practical triangular rod tube
- Beautiful cloth bag