The 15ft rod is the most popular size of rod and it is considered the best all round size of rod that will cope with most fishing situations. This rod loads deeper than the original DTX model, this allows the caster to feel the rod load and unload better, this gives the caster more time to achieve more consistent accurate casting, this rod has a fast recovery giving you the perfect balance of feeling and power, this rod loads well for floating line work, but it has a definite reserve of power for achieving distance or sunk line work if needed. The balanced action of the G2 rods will cast Spey lines as well as modern day Skagit and Shooting head systems equally well. This rod is perfectly matched to the 56ft and 64ft headed 10/11 G2 Spey lines as well as the full range of 44gram G2 shooting heads. Uniquely designed taper and action, designed for accurate Spey casting. Lightweight high modulus carbon gives top performance when casting.
Mackenzie DTX G2 Fly Rod - 15ft
Receive a FREE fly line of your choice when you buy a Mackenzie fly rod.
- Stealthy dark olive matt finish
- High quality cork handle
- Ultra light blank
- Beautifully crafted reinforced composite cork at each handle end
- Fuji stripper guides
- Quality snake eyes
- Alignment dots at each section end for easy accurate assembly
- Quality black satin finished double nut down locking reel seat
- Red dot on reel seat for instant identification for positioning reel
- Distinctive and highly practical triangular rod tube
- Beautiful cloth bag
- 4 piece for easy transportation